18 September 2007

I'm busy, but never too busy to say thank you

Gratefulness is what makes the heart great.

I met a man once who told me he sets a half hour aside each day in order to write thank you notes. His ritual accomplished two things, he said. It allowed the recipients of his cards to understand how they touched him, but more importantly, it forced him to look around him for reasons, beyond the obvious ones, for which to be grateful.

Today, I'm using this post to tell all who stop by today -- I'm thankful you stopped. Please come again.

2 comments:

Annie Em said...

Your attitude of gratitude is reciprocated. Your eloquent words and beautiful photographs are a daily reminder of what is truly important in life. Thank you for sharing your gift.

Margaret in Minnesota said...

You're welcome.

Now I would like to thank you right back. I always enjoy my visits to your blog, though I have been remiss in telling you. Your photography is lovely and your writing, equally so.