02 June 2009

Thoughts on adopting a cat...

The new cat likes attention, which is, I presume, a feature found in most pets.

For the briefest of moments yesterday, the meowing hit a level that drove me outdoors. Fortunately, that meant a walk to my neighbor's place down the road. The exercise was good; the weather, perfect. I enjoyed a nice visit with Jill, a mother of two children under age five, who also has two cats, four kittens, 26 chickens, and one large dog whose favorite toy is labeled "hyper-dog."

Twenty minutes at Jill's animal farm assured me that one small cat and two wandering hens are manageable for one who has 650 grapevines, and a business, to tend.

The new cat also likes window sills, which is great until his caregiver decides to close the window without telling new cat. He jumped, he smacked the glass, he returned to the floor. This is comedy at its basic level, folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need some baby doll sheep.Bahhhhhhhhhhhh