13 February 2008

At the end of a long day: satisfaction

From late September through early November, the fields around here are busy with farmers working sun-up to well past sun-down, seven days a week, pulling in their crops. Well, today, I kinda know how they must feel when their last acre finally gets cleared.

Last August, I started work on a corporate video (part history, part promotional piece) for a bank that operates in southern Minnesota/northern Iowa. Today, I shipped them the finished product. On Friday, bank executives will gather in their board room to view my interpretation of their company. I hope somebody remembers the popcorn.

The last few years, it seems, all the creative projects I've undertaken have required months, and sometimes years, to complete. (Four Cedars is a great example.) I guess God has blessed me with ample amounts of stamina and fortitude. Maybe that's why I'm so mezmorized by farming or so intrigued when I see the headlights of a combine lighting up a dusty field when all I can think about is going to bed.

No comments: