24 June 2008

The mundane aspects of farm life

We've been through a warm, dry spell, which means the vines are growing well. And so are the weeds. Today, I'm torn between weeding and watering -- two activities of equal importance to the success of the vineyard. Alas, there's only one of me so I must choose. I will start with the weeding and make the switch to watering later, as the temperature rises.

Last evening, Marc and I battled swarms of mosquitos in an attempt to finish another project here on the farm. The mosquitos won, Marc became badly bloodied, and we gave up and went inside about 6 p.m. That just means we have our work cut out for us preparing for our summertime guests, who arrive on Thursday. Curious? Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can help with the weeding when I visit in a few weeks! As long as there's cold beer on hand, I'll help you weed for hours.

I'm curious about these summertime guests. Amos and I think they're some sort of four-legged animals. Are we correct?

jackie said...

Ah, cold beer and farm work. The two go hand in hand. As far as our summer guests go, you would be correct as to the number of legs they have. Here's another hint. We won't need to do as much grass cutting as in the past.

gerty said...

The guests must be Dorth and Grandma Nan coming home from a Texas Holdem tournament at Jackpot Junction. Help! Dorth is driving again!