24 November 2008

At least I get my way at staff meetings...

Oftentimes, the best part about work is the interaction you engage in with coworkers. (Excepting Dunder Mifflin employees.) You all know what I mean: catching up on last evening's activities over coffee; laughing about some of the ludicrous news reports that cross your desk throughout the day; helping one another work through a challenge; or brainstorming new ways to market or design or package the fruits of your collective labors. We're social creatures, after all, and for most of us, the hours we spend on the job feed, quite well, our desire to interact.

When you work from home, you lose all of that. Maybe productivity jumps without the above mentioned distractions, but the trade-off is that some days are pretty darned quiet. Especially when your office/house mate is as enthusiastic about how you spend your work day as this fellow. (Note: he does give me more attention during lunch.)Things could be worse, I suppose. I could share my office with him. This one seems a bit too interested in what's going on at Traditions Communications East!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we need to get the cousins together to spice up our work environments a little! My guess is there will be a lot chasing, and even more hiding!