23 November 2008

Camp-ing without a tent...

Tuned into my car radio for the drive into town, I listened to pundits discussing the possibility of Hillary Clinton being named Secretary of State for the Obama administration. The commentator mentioned three groups that were weighing in on the topic: the Hillary Clinton camp, the Bill Clinton camp, and the Obama camp.

It suddenly occurred to me at that moment that I didn’t have a camp. And that bothered me because, frankly, I want a camp! I realize I’ve made due up until now with just good friends and supportive family but now I’m wondering if perhaps a “camp” would help me reach my potential.

I heard this term “camp” used earlier in this election, when the Palin camp was reputed to be feuding with the McCain camp. I thought that whole scene was odd because seemingly conflicting camps were supposed to be on the same team. Clearly, teams are not synonymous with camps.

So what does it take to have a camp? Do family and friends qualify? If so, all are welcome to become part of my camp. I promise to stay loyal if you’ll do the same. We’ll eat well too; and there’s always liquor. What do you say, campers? Are you in?

Evening update: Mary Courtney wants in. (It was the promise of food that hooked her.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Count me in!

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for the "jacko" a.k.a "shorty" camp.

jackie said...

You're both in! You can fight over who becomes camp spokesperson.